Tag Archives: Hair Accessories
Don’t fret if your skin isn’t spot- and line-free—that’s what primer and foundation are for. To fake a pristine complexion, follow these steps given to us by Misha Nesselrod, Holiday’s Key Makeup Artist:
1) To prevent makeup from settling into lines and acne scars, prep skin with a primer.Smear it on everywhere you intend to apply foundation or concealer.
2) Depending on your preference, dampen a sponge or brush
3) Pour a nickel-size drop of foundation into your hand, and dip the brush or the pointed end of the sponge into it.
4) Spread the foundation onto your skin in the thinnest possible layers. Makeup artists swear that if you start at your forehead and move down toward the nose, cheeks, and chin, you’ll get the most natural-looking finish. (It helps to smooth down all the little hairs on your cheeks and keeps you from ODing on tricky areas, like your jawline.)
Just in: a headband that’s chic, comfortable, and doesn’t break our bank account (three musts). The hair clips and headbands from True Birds are so pretty and romantic, we thought of Renoir’s ballerinas—all the chiffon going on. Our favorite is the Budding Chiffon, the line’s signature look. We’ve been obsessed with headbands for a while now, and this one is so easy to wear, we couldn’t take it off for days!
There’s nothing like a good headband on a bad hair day. But, according to a Goody survey, 62 percent of women complain that they get painful headaches from the accessories. No need to suffer: These four are comfortable and stylish.
1. Terri Fellows links-on elastic: Created by Fellows, a hairstylist at the James Corbett Studio in New York City, the double-elastic straps shown above can also be twisted into cool ponytail holders. We love the camel-colored one—it looks gorg in brown hair and nearly disappears on blondes. If you want a brighter color for summer, our pick is the robin’s-egg blue.
2. L. Erickson Double Strap Headwrap Silk Dupioni: The double straps—one slightly thicker than the other—have a slight shine, thanks to the silk coating.
3. Goody Sport 2-Layer Headband: These thick cloth bands are perfect for working out or for schlepping around on the weekend—or, if you go with the black one, even for a cocktail party with a casual bun.
4. Pluma: They’re more for show than for holding a large amount of hair back, but they’re so chic and come in a zillion color options.